My yoga classes focus on fluidity, following flowing sequences (HATHA-VINYASA YOGA) of yoga poses. I also incorporate circular and spiral movement patterns with core awareness. DRISHTY (Drishty is gaze in Sanskrit) is used in the practice to enhance concentration and a deep sense of balance. Mindfulness and quality of awareness is invited throughout the practice.
These classes strengthen and lengthen up muscles and spine. Very helpful in achieving freedom in the joints and create a deep sense of relaxation.
I effectively incorporate healing and calming sounds of Singing Bowl and resonating sounds of breath; and diverse relaxation techniques in my classes.
This approach promotes safer and more fluid physical movement, and results in a practice that cultivates lasting strength and flexibility, inner and outer awareness, and immense energy and calm. These practices are powerful, graceful, focused and fun.
At the end of every yoga class my students feel more energetic, strong and lifted with a deep sense of relaxation. This is my true reward and source of inspiration.
Yoga integrates the whole human being on five levels: physical, mental, intellectual, emotional and awareness.
Yoga postures (ASANAS) lubricate the joints, increase flexibility/ fluidity and keep the muscles and joints running smoothly, tone up and invigorate all the internal organs and increase circulation without creating fatigue; and bring deep sense of balance and proprioception. Through yogic breathing, participants control their mind, calm down the emotional imbalances and cultivate intelligence and lucidity. Proper exercise in harmony with proper yoga-breathing technique (PRANAYAMA) releases stress and tension; and promotes a profound feeling of wellbeing and relaxation. Through practice of yoga whole dynamics of the body, mind and spirit works in harmony. Hence yoga works on every level of your being.
Benefits of yoga:
At physical level:
- Improves musculo-skeletal alignment
- Strengthens muscles and ligaments
- Lubricates joints
- Invigorate and strengthens internal organs, and improves body functioning
- Works on deep cellular level, and slows down aging
- Relieves from the storage of lymph in the body and detox
- Works on endocrinal glands and improves immunity
- Improves digestion and metabolism
- Increases circulation and controls blood pressure
At mental level:
- Works on the Nervous System and helps stress release
- Creates space for nerves to pass without compression
- Balances Sympathetic and Parasympathetic Nervous System – Brings homeostasis
- Counter acts destructive effects of hormone cortisol
- Releases Well-being hormones e.g. Serotonin
- Participants feel centred and calmer and focused
- Reduces anxiety and depression and increases confidence & self-esteem
At conscious Level:
- Increases awareness on physical, emotional and sensory levels
- Enhances calm and mental strength
- Feels lifted and centred
- Improves inter-personal relationship within the family and at work
- One feels more connected to the whole, promotes acts of empathy
- A positive outlook on life